80 Dance Research Paper Topics
Dance is the mirror of the soul and the oldest of the arts. It reflects the growing need of a person to communicate their joy or sorrow to others through their body. Almost all important events in the life of primitive man were marked by dancing: birth, death, war, the election of a new leader, the healing of the sick. Prayers for rain, sunshine, fertility, protection, and forgiveness were fulfilled.
Dance has existed and still exists in the cultural traditions of all people and societies. Over the long history of humanity, it has changed following cultural development.
3 Tips on How to Select the Best Dance Research Paper Topic?
When choosing a theme, we can advise you to choose the theme that you like best. And also, you can dwell on the choice of the topic with which your life is closely connected. For example, if you are dancing in a group in which you study folk dances, then it would be best for you to plunge into the history of this dance.
We have tried to collect those topics that will help you discover new facets of choreographic art. Also, you can choose a topic that is unknown to you, and you would like to acquire new knowledge in it. This approach will be helpful and fun for you. You can choose a theme from the list below that we have compiled for you.
List of Dance Anthropology Research Paper Topics
- The history of the origin and the main stages of the development of classical choreography and the school of classical dance.
- The history of the origin and the main stages of the development of the historical and everyday dance.
- The history of the emergence and the main stages of folk stage dance development.
- Methods and techniques of spatial composition of the dance. System for recording a picture of dance composition.
- Basic professional concepts of a stage, light, and sound devices.
- Basic concepts of performers’ positions, poses, and movements in the stage space.
- Stylistic features of musical compositions for classical, historical, everyday, folk, and jazz dances.
- Stage costume and its accessories in choreography.
- Dance language stylization and eclecticism.
- The basic principles of building a classical dance lesson and the methodology for conducting it.
- Basic principles of staging and rehearsal work in choreography.
- The main stylistic features of the historical and everyday dance.
- Social dances: their characteristics, varieties.
- Stylish features of folk and folk stage dance.
- Basic principles of teaching methods of folk-stage dance.
- Choreographic design of theatrical performance: syncretism, dance divertissement, illustration, dance dance.
- Choreographic intonation, the symphonic principle of the development of stage images in the art of dance.
- Two-part voice in music and choreography. Polyphony and canon in choreography.
- Exercise in classical dance at the barn and the middle of the hall: the main elements and the principles of their sequence.
- Aplomb and Elevation in Dance: a Technique of Mastering.
20 Dance History Topics for Research Paper
- Dance culture of the 15th-16th centuries
- Historical dances of different peoples of the world, their varieties, compositional and structural principles.
- The history of the emergence and the main stages of development of modern dance.
- Musical genres of historical dance. The terminology of the historical and everyday dance.
- Dance culture of the 17th-18th centuries
- Style features of dance genres and dance music.
- How the director’s work with the choreographer, artist, composer, sound engineer, lighting master, with actors and with entourage has developed and changed historically.
- How the choreographic design of a dramatic excerpt began and developed historically.
- How the choreographic design of a vocal piece began in history.
- The first theatrical and choreographic performances in history.
- The first choreographic drama of a dance number in history.
- Work on an episode of a holistic performance with the inclusion of solo, duet, and mass dances.
- Features of dancing the Tango, Charleston, Rock, and Roll.
- Dance culture of the 19th century.
- Features of folk dances in European countries and Asia.
- The first dances in the history of humanity. How did the ancient human introduce elements of choreography into his life?
- Dances of the ancient Romans, Greeks, and African people.
- Place of dance in the culture and religion of ancient India.
- Dance culture of the 20th century.
- Why did ancient humans start dancing? Why and how did he do it?
20 Modern Dance Diversity Research Paper Topics
- Modern dance: varieties, basic principles of performance technique.
- Methods, techniques, forms, and styles of staging choreographic compositions in theatrical and entertainment events.
- Pantomime and acting in contemporary choreography.
- Basic aesthetic principles of classical and modern choreography.
- The principles of the structural construction of the educational choreographic combination: methodical, technical, aesthetic.
- Using the patterns of visual perception in the choreographer’s staging work.
- The main methods and techniques for the development of the artistic image in music and modern choreography.
- Using the principles of visibility and explanation in teaching modern choreography.
- Possibilities of using social dances in sports and artistic performances.
- Basic principles of body, legs, arms, and head positioning in classical and modern dance.
- Dance language: pictorial and expressive elements of dance speech in modern choreography.
- Varieties of jazz dance. Stylish features of modern dance.
- Basic techniques in jazz choreography. Performing simple compositions based on elements of jazz dance.
- Dance improvisations with elements of jazz choreography.
- Building a composition in the style of modern jazz dance.
- Dance improvisations are based on the interaction of ballroom and jazz dance.
- Principles of teaching modern dance. Terminology, basic concepts of modern dance.
- New directions of modern dance: types, characteristics of plastic language, and compositional structure.
- Dance as a means of stage expressiveness and creation of a work of art.
- The specifics of the choreographer’s work on the creation of a choreographic work in modern choreography.
20 Great Dance Research Paper Ideas
- Formation of the system of teaching classical and modern dance.
- Methods, principles, rules, and techniques in teaching modern dance.
- The principles of construction and methods of conducting a classical dance lesson.
- The principles of construction and methods of conducting a pop dance lesson.
- The main methods and techniques of conducting folk-scenic lessons.
- The principles of construction and methods of conducting lessons of historical and everyday dance.
- Formation of the system of teaching folk-stage dance.
- The principles of construction and methods of conducting a pop dance lesson.
- Folk dance as a teaching system.
- The concept of musicality and its development in dance lessons (classical, folk, etc.).
- Development of coordination in choreography lessons.
- Stages of pop dance development.
- Basic principles and methods of teaching modern dance.
- The pedagogical system of teaching dance in the United States.
- The value of folk dance forms in the choreographer’s work.
- The principles of construction and methods of conducting a ballet lesson.
- The educational process in a choreographic collective.
- Differentiated approach to teaching choreography.
- The impact of ballroom dancing on the emotional development of children.
- Methodological foundations of teaching folk-stage dance.
Need Help w/ Research Paper Topics About Dance?
Dance is a cultural tradition of all human communities. Despite the entire existence of humanity, it has changed, which is reflected in cultural development. During this time, many dance types, and styles have emerged. Dance is used for self-expression, social communication, in cults of religions, as a sports competition, for show art.
If you do not have time to study this large and interesting discipline, you can always contact our service. Experts will be happy to help you conduct and write your research in a short time and at a democratic price. You will not regret contacting us! Hurry up to submit your order and get help from our vetted research paper writer!